We’re looking for an experienced, skillful and hands on Design Director with a background in womenswear design to join a growing womenswear brand (mid to high end womenswear brand).
You will be reporting to the General Manager of one of the brand.
You will be responsible for managing and developing a team of designers and developing the creative direction of the brand you’re hired for.
- Full responsibility for the research and development of the product for the brand; Managing the critical path to ensure that the styles, trend, design, and sampling deadlines are met across 4 seasons
- Participate in the meetings regarding development, verification, ordering, production confirmation etc.;
- Trend and competitor research, learn about the brand’s sales status, consumer’s lifestyle and consumption Psychology, develop and design the corresponding products for the market
- Closely work with the designers and other technical staff, to make sure the design meet to the market’s requirement and production conditions
- Closely work with the Buying team and other functions across the business, such as production, branding and retails etc.
- Check the purchased fabrics, samples, styles, techniques and so on to make sure they meet the requirements
- Overall management and coordination of the design team with daily/weekly workload, targets and deadlines etc.
- Maintain strong relationship with suppliers including travel for fabric and sample development, sourcing new suppliers and factories
We expect you ……
- Bachelor or above degree, majored in textiles, fashion design or other relevant major
- At least 8 years of design experience from well-known mid to high end womenswear brand(s)
- Excellent trend predicting capability for women’s brand development, sharp market insight, good sense of fashion trend, and good planning and design ability
- At least 3 years of management experience, especially multi-cultural team management experience with a team of 3-10 persons
- Good communication and organizing skills and team work spirit; good at planning and coordinating
- High energy to inspire the and motivate the team
- Willing to move to China and willing to learn the Chinese culture
- Can adapt to a new environment fast
About the company:
Showlong fashion group is a growing, well-known Private Joint-stock Enterprises that integrating product design, development, production and marketing, with headquarter in Yantai, Shandong province. Currently they have about 6000 employees and around 1000 stores in China. The brands include: ShowLong, M.Teng, Kaleidom, Gogirl etc. For more details, pls. visit www.showlong.com.cn
Please apply the job by sending your updated CV, cover letter, and portfolio via our webpage by click on ‘’APPLY JOB’’, and follow the instructions. – OR apply direct on our LinkedIn Ad.
In your CV, please include a personal photo, your family status and your expected NET remuneration in Chinese RMB or EURO.
In your cover letter, please tell why you feel you’re suitable for this position and highlighting your key competences or relevant experiences and qualifications for this job, and tell about your personality.
Efficient Recruitment based in Denmark, handles this recruitment process for the company in Yantai, China. For more information or if you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Jessi Ji by tel: +45 6131 5847 or e-mail email@example.com; or Michael Folmann at tel. +45 2121 6464 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications pls. follow the application procedures mentioned above.
Application Deadline: ASAP
- Michael Folmann (Direkte)
- Effektiv Rekruttering
- Granhøjvej 8
- 8600 Silkeborg