Principal Conductor: Marcus Creed
The Danish National Vocal Ensemble (the full-time professional chamber choir of DR – Denmark’s national public-service broadcaster) has a vacancy for a permanent full-time baritone from august 2018. We are looking for a professional singer with good vocal range, dynamic flexibility, and wide musical experience.
Auditions for selected applicants will take place on Wednesday 28 Febuary 2018from 10.00 at DR Byen (DR’s headquarters) in Copenhagen. A second round for selected singers will take place the same afternoon.
In the first instance, singers wishing to apply for the post are requested to submit a recent recording (CD / DVD / MP3), together with a copy of the score, before 1 February 2018.
Non-Danish speakers are welcome to apply. DR cannot pay travel expenses for those selected for audition.
* a sacred aria by Handel, J.S.Bach, Haydn, Mozart or Mendelssohn (in original language). A copy of the vocal score must be submitted with the application form.
* a Danish strophic song or hymn (Danish lyrics) to be performed a cappella.
* a pre-prepared extract from a choral piece selected by DR, which can be downloaded after 5 February from www.foresyngning.dk. In the audition, the extract will be performed accompanied by piano.
* a pre-prepared extract from a choral piece selected by DR, which can be downloaded after 5 February from www.foresyngning.dk – to be performed in the audition together with the 4 full-time basses of the DR Vocal Ensemble.
* vocal exercises supervised by the principal conductor, to demonstrate vocal range and flexibility.
* a sight-reading exercise.
Deadline for initial applications, including recent recording and copy of the vocal score, is no later than 12.00 midday, Thursday 1 February, 2018.
The recording and score can be emailed to Choir Manager Peter Tönshoff Peto@dr.dk or posted to him at: Emil Holms Kanal 20 opg 5-3, DK-0999 Copenhagen C. Telephone: +45 3520 6377
consists of 18 professional singers. The advertised position is a permanent one (after a probation period) and is a full-time job with 20 paid weeks off per year. The choir is in service 32 weeks p.a. The 20 weeks without service are determined no later than 30 September of any given year for the following year. Monthly salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with the union agreement between the Danish Association of Professional Choruses and the Danish Broadcasting Corporation. Employment is subject to confirmation of residence and work permit in Denmark. The annual salary is approx. DKK 372.000 (approx. € 50000).
The DNVE’s repertoire is wide-ranging, with particular emphasis on music from the Renaissance and the 20th/21st centuries, for small vocal ensemble or solo voices as well as full choir. The singers also regularly join with the Danish National Concert Choir (56 singers or more) to perform large symphonic works for orchestra and choir. In addition to working with their chief conductor, the Danish National Vocal Ensemble works with a range of prominent Danish and international conductors, and tours regularly, both throughout Denmark and abroad.
Further information about DR, the Danish National Concert Choir and the Danish National Vocal Ensemble: www.dr.dk/drve
Auditions will take place at: DR Byen, Emil Holms Kanal 20, 5-3, DK-0999 Copenhagen C
I DR får du omkring 3000 kolleger, der alle arbejder for at samle, oplyse og udfordre hele befolkningen med det bedste public service-indhold. Vi arbejder i et mediebillede i forandring og har altid øje på at udvikle DRs tilbud til befolkningen, så de svarer til den måde, de bruger medierne på. DR sender på seks tv-kanaler og ni radiokanaler og du kan også møde vores indhold på hjemmesiden dr.dk og forskellige apps. DR har desuden en række kor og orkestre i international klasse, og vi driver DR Koncerthuset.
Læs mere om DR og DRs faglige organisationer.