Join us to drive new projects from initial ideation to finalised core building experiences – and ensure the best LEGO® bricks and elements for kids worldwide.
You will be a part of the Element Design Platform Core team, leading teams of designers and engineers, who deliver elements through a thorough concept phase and a strong maturing phase. Together, we work across all building systems, developing new platforms which conclusively result in new core LEGO® bricks and elements. This entails a structured approach as we work with new element guidelines and platform descriptions to secure the future element development and the best possible building and play experiences.
You will be responsible for the content developed in our team and will ensure that our resources deliver the biggest impact to the element portfolio, by leading and setting the design direction.
Your role is to:
• Scout for new platform opportunities across LEGO. With an openminded attitude and great people skills, doors will open, and the element design team will have strong, healthy and committed design briefs in the pipeline.
• Be the main driver of the element platform development, and thus need a deep understanding of development processes.
• Lead by being a role model in team leadership, collaboration and stakeholder management, to deliver new opportunities and perhaps new fundamental building systems.
As Senior Design Manager you will secure that the LEGO element platform is evolving and improving, but at the same time protecting the LEGO building system, the values and the connectivity, to secure the consumer building experience and play value. Create experiences for the builders of tomorrow
You will join a company where we invite you to think both logically and creatively in everything you do. Our supportive team culture will encourage you to share ideas, try new things and make a real impact on the way we perform and the experiences we provide. You will truly get a feel of this as you step into and lead a team where we secure the foundation for the most optimal consumer experience. We achieve extraordinary things because we enjoy what we do. So will you.
Your challenge will be to be a strong leader, ensuring professional interaction, collaboration and communication with all stakeholders and business partners. You strive to prevent unforeseen challenges from driving the agenda – foreseeing any obstacles that may arise due to misalignments, delays or quality issues. As you will be essential in our concept phase where we cooperate with projects on many levels of maturity and stakeholders in a very creative, innovative and agile process, you must be able to use your chaos pilot mindset. To succeed in doing so, you:
• Ideally have a background within industrial design, design engineering, or product development combined with a proven track record of design and process management for 4+ years
• Strong understanding of LEGO DNA aesthetics
• Are outgoing and a strong communicator, speaking and writing English fluently
• Good understanding of manufacturing processes
• Good drawing skills and have experience with 3-D software
“The team nurtures the foundation of the LEGO brand which is crucial in ensuring a healthy and solid LEGO building system. Developing holistic platform projects and strategic building systems, we try to balance innovative development and operational priorities – and give the children the best possible building and play experience,” says Karsten.
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Design Director Karsten Juel Bunch
on +45 30 10 25 98.