We are looking for an experienced and talented UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences.
Graphical User interface (UI) designers work closely with user experience (UX) designers and other design specialists. Their job is to make sure that every page and every step a user will experience in their interaction with the finished product will conform to the overall vision created by UX designers. In R&D Software Solutions we work on Desktop applications and PC software, as well as apps for tablet and mobile. Designing for these touch points will be part of the design tasks, looking into the near future this will also include online web-based apps.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams with developers, UX designers and copywriters, Business Analysts, testers etc. The ideal candidate should also be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating, improving and using wireframes, prototypes, style guides, design systems, user flows, and effectively communicating your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Presenting and defending your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. colour theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keeping yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
- Designing UI components and graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Adhering to brand guides, CVI and style standards on fonts, colors and images per brand
- A BA diploma in graphical design or similar relevant education
- Three or more years of experience and proven record of accomplishment
- Excellent design skills
- Expert skills in using Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch is necessary. Experience with prototyping tools like XD, Proto.io, Axure, Invision or similar is a bonus
- Expertise in UI design
- Experience in designing for multiple brands
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Are a great team player and experienced in working with agile teams
- Are open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Generate creative ideas with a problem solving mindset
- Work well both with details and a wide perspective in finding the complete solution
- Describe yourself as an ambitious person with a strong desire to develop your professional field
Finally you have a great portfolio that highlights similar successful projects to be presented during interviews.
Want to join the team?
We are looking forward to receiving your application and the deadline for the application is November 9, 2018. If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Head of User Experience, Helle Lønholt on +45 4042 5639 or HLON@oticon.com.
Please be aware that only candidates using the electronic recruitment system will be considered for this position.