GANNI in Copenhagen is looking for an Accessories Designer – maternity cover
Do you have edge, energy and at least 5 years of experience with accessory design?
Are you passionate about giving direction to a design team and managing freelancers?
Read on – our versatile and visionary accessory designer is going on maternity leave, and we are looking for a replacement for a period of 10-12 months with a good possibility for extension.
The job is creative and challenging in a young vibrant company where sustainability, edginess and growth are key drivers in our work. The role of accessory designer is:
- Responsible for developing and overseeing the women’s accessories collections – from design vision from initial concept creation, through to development and prototype stage and fittings. Including four annual collections plus capsules
- Ensure alignment on commercial priorities and design
- Overseeing all illustrator sketches, specs sheets, colour combinations, material selection, technical drawings of hardware and detail references in order to complete a successful handover to product developers
- Work closely with Creative Director and Head of Design
- Present each new collection to Merchandising team sales team and present at final handoff meeting
- Work closely with cross functional teams, especially PD to follow and trouble shoot product life from concept through to production
- Monitor sketch update as line develops
- Understand and manage critical calendar dates and successfully handle scheduled deadlines, making sure all deadlines are kept
The ideal candidate:
- 5-10 years previous experience in Women’s Accessories design at a comparable brand
- Highly skilled in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities at once and working in a fast pace environment
- Thorough with a strong attention to detail and knowledge of silhouettes, fabrics/leathers, colour use, sewing techniques, graphics and trims
- Flexible with the ability to self-manage and successful at keeping deadlines
- Strong communication skills with a hands-on and positive attitude
- Collaborative, team player who wants to learn as well as teach
The position is located at GANNI’s headquarter in central Copenhagen.
The position is full time and will be filled as soon as possible.
As we interview candidates continuously, we kindly ask you to submit your application as soon as possible. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Start as soon as possible
Head of Design Studio and Creative Lab