We’re SYBO, a mobile studio based in Copenhagen, and makers of the most downloaded mobile game in the world, Subway Surfers, with over 2 billion installs – that’s a big chunk of the world’s population!
Loveable characters, vibrant environments and finely-tuned gameplay that keeps you coming back – that’s what we’re about. We live to bring these imaginative worlds to life, by crafting games and experiences that people love to play and engage with.
And now we are looking for an Art Director to join our team! Could this be you? As our Art Director you would be:
- The stylistic authority on a project
- Giving feedback to all artists on the team, insuring all assets work together in context of the game and it’s style.
- Strive to push artistic level on the team.
- In charge of game IP and lore
- Creating style-guides
- Responsible for the final visual product alongside the Lead Artist
To be considered for the role, you must:
- Have a strong sense of design principles
- Have a strong style or point of view that inspires others
- Strike a good balance between pushing your vision and compromising when needed
- Have a strong sense of stylized design and art theory (color, shape, form, value, etc.) that matches the SYBO aesthetic
- Have a wish to improve your skill level while engaging in knowledge sharing
- Have a willingness to receive and seek out feedback
- Be organized
- Be able to self-manage
- Be able to take responsibility
- Be a strong team player
- Have an interest in free-to-play and/or mobile games
- Be either familiar with(or be willing to learn how to use) Photoshop or Illustrator.
At SYBO we build brands worthy of devotion – we are the sum of all our parts and our staff are the beating heart of everything we make and do.
Our core values are: We believe in Solid Products, we work in a Synced Community, we make our Performance Matter, we are Passionate Colleagues and we do Daily High Fives!
What we can brag about:
- The best office location in Copenhagen
- A chance to do the work of your life
- An informal and creative culture where everybody is heard
We also have…
- Health insurance for every employee
- A pension plan
- Healthy lunch buffet
- Currently 22 nationalities
- And a lot of fun – also when working
We can’t wait to hear from you!
APPLY FOR POSITION