Chorus Master for The Royal Danish Opera Chorus
The Royal Danish Opera Chorus is made up of 40 professional opera singers. You will be responsible for the musical preparation of the chorus and of their on-going artistic development.
As Chorus Master you will be reporting to the Artistic Director of the Royal Danish Opera.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day learning of music for forthcoming productions and the early planning and scheduling of this learning process.
- Ensuring that the achievements of the chorus remain at a high standard and are continually developed on a high international level.
- Responsibility for the individual singers musical preparation when undertaking small solo roles and taking care of their artistic development.
- Closely following the rehearsal process and assisting the director and conductor in all aspects concerning the chorus in productions. Ensuring the chorus always sounds musically and balance-wise at its best.
- Planning, preparing and conducting concerts in which the chorus participate.
- Offstage conducting as necessary.
- Planning and conducting auditions for new chorus members and extra chorus. Employing extra chorus singers for productions needing a bigger chorus.
- Innovation in how the chorus can be involved in the Royal Danish Operas learning, participation and open house activities in order to reach a wider audience in Denmark.
- Experience in working with a major opera chorus
- Inspirational leadership for the chorus and being able to lead and inspire them.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the operatic repertoire
- Detailed knowledge of the working process of an opera company, with experience of scheduling and planning
- Fluent English language; experience of language coaching in the main operatic languages
- Outgoing, dynamic engaging and approachable management style
- Collaborative approach, whilst not afraid to lead from the front
- Natural rapport with singers, conductors and directors, taking a keen interest in all aspects of the productions.
- Good understanding of group dynamics, tactful and inclusive personality
Terms of employment
The position is full-time and would commence at the earliest possible opportunity. Pay and conditions to be determined in accordance with relevant agreements or by individual contract.
To apply for the position click the “Søg stillingen” button on the right side of the application page. Deadline for applications is 16th November 2019.
To find out more about the position please contact our Executive Secretary, Annett Fogh on +45 40 13 71 13 or via email at: email@example.com
All interested candidates, regardless of personal background, are encouraged to apply for the position.
- Det Kongelige Teater og Kapel
- August Bournonvilles Passage 2
- 1055 København K