Experienced Interaction Designer
Would you like to help move a small corporate UX team to the next level? And are you ready to do this using your unique and creative interaction design skills to make a difference to people with hearing loss?
Join our UX team
At GN Hearing, we develop hearing aids and accessories to increase the quality of life for people with hearing loss. Hearing aids today are becoming more and more complex, but at the same time, there is a growing need for simplifying the interaction between devices to create seamless experiences. In the UX team, we work cross-functionally on different parts of hearing aid solutions to achieve this.
Designing user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect interaction flows
As an experienced Interaction Designer, your task will be to perfect the app connected to the hearing aids from the user’s point of view by balancing technological advancements and business value with your deep user understanding.
Through user and market research, you will create rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers, develop prototypes, and create detailed interaction flows for our in-house software developers. Your initial focus will be on mobile apps, and here, you will be working closely with other UX and UI Designers, product managers, audiologists and SW developers.
Moreover, you will:
• Develop wireframes, interaction flows, use cases and design specs for mobile apps
• Designing user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups
• Participate in feature development through collaboration with App Developers, Product Management, Audiology and other R&D functions – with focus on both functional and experience requirements
• Validating ideas and designs using split A/B tests and product performance
• Develop our UX processes for stakeholder alignment and internal knowledge building
• Ensure that you are on top of current trends with focus on app, IOT, desktop and hearing technologies
Another important task will be to help drive the current UX team up the UX maturity ladder, influencing a larger part of the business through design thinking and user-centered design. You will also help the team become a lean UX center of excellence that can support development here and now while maturing concepts and features for future releases.
A cross-disciplinary team of experts
You will become part of a dynamic team of UX designers. We have a huge focus on maintaining an informal, yet professional, fun and creative team spirit where we help each other in every aspect of our work-life. Furthermore, we offer competitive salary and benefits, flexible work hours as well as career development opportunities.
Are you passionate, creative and yet humble in the way you approach new challenges?
We are looking for a highly committed team player who is passionate about user experience. You enjoy working with the whole UX spectrum – from concept development to asset creation. You have a solid theoretical knowledge and the ability to drive projects forward through planning, structuring and aligning. Also, you have strong communication skills both visually and verbally.
• A minimum of five years of experience with interaction design on software solutions.
• Strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
• Have a master’s or bachelor’s degree within relevant areas (e.g. from CIID, DTU, ITU, KEA or AAU etc.)
• Have a strong flair for technology and preferably worked with apps connected to devices / IOT
• Have experience with developing and validating early UI concepts (Wireframes and UI flows)
• Have experience within interaction design and user research
• Are an expert in prototyping tools like Sketch, XD, Invision or proto.io etc.
• Expert capabilities in graphic design and are familiar with Photoshop
• Excellent English language skills in both speech and writing
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘APPLY’ link no later than May 3 2019. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application and portfolio as soon as possible
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Senior UX Designer, Nadia Lauridsen on +45 3165 0160